Malpractice Suit Against Obstetricians Settled for $845,000

New York couple Michael and Claudia Gilbert was recently awarded a settlement in their medical malpractice claim against two obstetricians who attended the 2004 birth of their son.

The lawsuit claimed that the doctors, Douglas Hage and Daniel Burns, were negligent during the birth, which lasted over 20 hours.  The long labor resulted in heavy postnatal bleeding, which ultimately led to an emergency hysterectomy to save her life.  The couple alleged that the surgery could have been avoided if the doctors had hastened her labor.

The jury agreed, ascribing 70% of the blame to Dr. Hage and the remaining 30% to Dr. Burns.

Source:  Buffalonews.com

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: